Thursday 26 June 2008

from the wish list

I forgot to mention yesterday this fantastic post card sent to me by my very talented lottery partner Alis, the photograph really doesn't do it justice as the textures are just so scrummy, the colours white and copper are beautiful together - right up my street. Thanks Alis


These two little beauties are an early birthday pressie, naughty really because i couldn't resist opening them and already they are looking 'well thumbed'!

The new Maggie Grey book from Image to Stitch, as mentioned earlier, is just wonderful so jam packed with inspirational ideas. one of those books that makes you want to return to some old design work and re create the images.

The other is 'the art of embroidery' by Francoise Tellier- Loumagne I've coveted this one for ages and it doesn't disappoint. The illustrations taken from the natural world are a delight, the design techniques are new ways for old favourites but what strikes you is that the book oozes quality - definitely a must have.










2 comments:

carole brungar said...

Hi Jan! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love to hear your comments! Oh, and happy birthday (if you can have early birthday pressies, then you can have early birthay wishes too!!) Hugs, Carole

Dale Anne Potter said...

Jan, I tagged you for an award on my blog.