Saturday 26 April 2008

April ATC challenge











Another one of the challenges set on textile challenge group this month was to create,make and send an ATC to a randomly selected partner, this took the form of a shape lottery when the shape to produce was also randomly selected (phew - got that?) mine was a star and my partner was the very talented Kate of katesquilting. I really hadn't any ideas that didn't involve Christmas! so just looked anywhere for a bit of inspiration, and that came from a little cutting from last weekends newspaper. I took the cutting , photocopied it a few times to A4 size then transferred the design to a fine fabric using the freezer paper method through my printer.


I then just free machined around the stars and padded them out with a little bit of interfacing (actually it was an old dishcloth).

Feeling a bit glitzy, I drew and stitched the word 'stars' into a tomato puree tube- forever mindful of my recycling genre. finishing off with some cut-out stars and little pieces of twisted wire.
The finished result reminded me of Carol's alter-ego -wonder woman!!!! - hope she reads this!
I have another 3 of these going spare so if anyone wants one just let me know.
Please Note: none of this is rocket science!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Me me me, I want, I want !!!!!!! Can wonder woman please get one! Not feeling so wonderul at the mo, I will never finish all this work! Says she who is blog hopping instead of working!